A parasite is an organism adapted to adverse conditions that can live anywhere in the human body. He compiled a special treatment for parasites in the hair, in case the parasites live in the head. In addition, these creatures live in all internal organs, on the scalp and under the skin. This article will focus on the types, symptoms, treatment, prevention of parasites on the human head.
Types of hair parasites and symptoms
There are whole classes of organisms that parasitize human hair. Their food component is human tissue, i. e. skin, sebum, blood. Feeding on the tissues, parasites make themselves felt with the appearance of itching, pain in the scalp, hair loss and the creation of significant discomfort. Such parasites are difficult to miss, they are extremely dangerous to human health.
Head lice or, in other words, head lice are known to all parents and all children. The main risk group is school-age children. The main danger of head lice is invisibility to the naked eye. They look like tiny insects that are able to disguise themselves under the light skin of the human head, due to the pale color of the body. Nits are lice eggs that adhere tightly to the roots of the hair, often making them difficult to get rid of. Nits contain larvae. Lice are able to run quickly, be transmitted by direct contact of people, that is, by touching their heads, with hats or clothes. The bites are left behind and feel more comfortable on a person's temples and back of the head.
The flea is an omnivorous parasite
The flea was a former carrier of plague and typhus. Most often an inhabitant of animal fur, but it also occurs in humans. These are insects of different shades, from yellowish to dark brown. Fleas are classified according to the type of host. They are divided into the following types:
- Family: underwear; genital.
- Others: dogs; feline; chicken; human; rat; earthy.
Human fleas are versatile. They are able to feed on human, dog or cat blood. In addition, there are species that choose their habitat in the form of carpets, upholstered furniture. Such fleas are called house fleas. Earth fleas live in the yard, which do not pose a danger to humans, because they do not feed on blood. The main danger of fleas is that they carry infectious diseases.
Parasites under the scalp
Subcutaneous parasites are common in hot and tropical countries. Getting rid of them takes much more time and effort than those that live on the surface of the skin. Under the scalp, wrists, armpits, spaces between the fingers, a microscopic parasitic scabies mite, causing scabies disease. It feeds on the tissues of the human skin, gnaws the subcutaneous pathways and causes unbearable itching. Another dangerous subcutaneous parasite is heartworm. This parasite develops under the mucous membrane of the eye, which can impair vision or even make a person blind. It is possible to get rid of it only surgically.
A mite or demodex lives in human hair and eyelashes. Harmful to the scalp and hair structure, it causes excessive hair loss. At first, they feed on dry scales - pieces of dead skin, then they enter the follicles and cause severe damage, as a result of which the hair falls out. A mite on the eyelashes causes the formation of white or yellowish scales between the hairs and their loss. This parasite often causes bright red acne on the face. For a long time, he may not remember himself, but when immunity is weakened, it makes itself felt from the above reactions.
The reasons for the appearance of parasites on the human head
Each type of parasite enters the human body from the external environment. Head lice are transmitted directly from person to person or through the things of the infected. Fleas are brought into the home by pets, transmitted from animal to animal, and also from animal to person and vice versa. Subcutaneous parasites enter the human body together with raw water, as a result of swimming in contaminated water bodies, from animals, as well as through direct contact between people. Demodex lives in the human body, without bringing any discomfort and harm, but in case of deterioration in the quality of skin care, hair care, the use of aggressive cosmetics, it activates and causes the extremely unpleasant symptoms described above.
Healing of intruders
Each type of parasite living in the human head requires a specific approach to treatment. Head lice is usually treated at home. Use drugs intended for this, which can be in the form of a spray, shampoo, cream, emulsion. To choose a suitable remedy from the variety presented in stores and pharmacies, you need to pay attention to the composition of the drug.
Get rid of fleas
The flea is a fickle inhabitant of the human body. It is constantly on the move. The parasite, having drunk blood, leaves the body until it is hungry again and begins to search for a new victim. Therefore, a more or less permanent habitat of this parasite is the room or the fur of animals. For the treatment of a pet, there are many medicines that are sold in pet stores. And to get rid of fleas in the house, they use different methods of disinfection. They do the cleaning themselves by purchasing a special tool or order this service in the appropriate service. In addition, it is worth remembering that if fleas are found on an animal, you should be sure that they have already laid the larvae in different parts of the house. Therefore, treating the animal alone is not enough. Usually, the disinfection of the premises is combined with the treatment of animal hair.
Expel subcutaneous parasites
Compared to skin parasites, subcutaneous parasites are a much greater nuisance, if not a danger to human health. Treating the hair for parasites that live under the skin takes a lot of time and effort. This type is difficult in terms of diagnosis, as the symptoms are often falsely perceived as diseases of the internal organs. Most often they are eliminated surgically, but some of them, for example, the scabies mite, are expelled with the help of ointments, solutions and other medicines.
Demodex lives harmlessly in the human body until external conditions provoke its active nutrition and rapid development. The treatment requires a lot of time, effort and systematicity. To cope with this problem, your efforts are not enough - you cannot do without an experienced dermatologist. After making sure that the symptoms indicate demodex, it is worth stocking up on:
- drugs prescribed by a doctor (such as preparations with the addition of sulfur, tar, zinc and mercury ointments);
- antifungal ointments;
- anti-inflammatory ointments;
Beware of demodex drugs! As a rule, these funds are quite toxic. Therefore, they are contraindicated in pregnancy, breastfeeding, kidney and liver diseases.
Like treatment, each disease has its own preventive measures. To warn a child of lice disease, it is worth teaching him to use only combs, hats, and not to allow other children to take personal hygiene products. In public places (bars, schools, clubs), we recommend that you hang your coat on a common hanger, after having turned it upside down.
For the prevention of fleas in animals, special flea collars for dogs and cats are used. Bathe pets using preventative shampoos. As for flea prevention in the home, it is enough to keep the house clean. In order not to face the problem of parasites under the skin, you should not drink unboiled water, swim in stagnant bodies of water (especially in countries with a hot climate) and eat raw meat. And Demodex, as already mentioned, will not create problems if you follow the rules of hair and skin hygiene, using suitable cosmetics.
Symptoms and treatment of intestinal parasites in humans
Intestinal parasites in humans, according to the World Health Organization, claim around 16 million human lives each year. Intestinal parasites or helminths in humans can be identified by the emerging disorders in the work of various organs, by changes in appearance.
Types of intestinal parasites in the body
The signs of worms are often similar to those of other diseases. Therefore, it is imperative to pass a series of tests for the presence, the determination of the types of parasites for their correct removal. The drugs chosen depend on the types of helminths.
The main types of worms that exist:
- Ascaris - the size reaches 40 cm It enters the body through raw water, dirty hands, food. Ascaris eggs that enter the soil can live there for several years. In the body, ascaris larvae penetrate the intestinal walls, blood, liver, brain, lungs, heart. They exist due to the nutrition of red blood cells, nutrients.
- Toxocara - This parasite is carried by a dog. Toxocara eggs enter the soil along with the dog's bowel movements; they live in the ground for several years. They enter the body through dirty hands, for example, when children play in the ground or on the sand. After entering the body, toxocara develops and lives without distinguishing itself. In length, an adult grows up to 30 cm.
- Pinworm is the most common helminth in children, 1 cm long It lives in the small and large intestine; it reproduces by exiting through the anus at night. It lays eggs on sheets, sheets, skin folds. The eggs mature after 5 hours and re-enter the body through dirty hands, dust, linen, toys.
- The tapeworm is wide: an adult individual reaches a length of 10 m, it can live inside a person up to 25 years. It enters the body along with raw or unprocessed fish and its caviar.
- Echinococcus and alveococcus are carried by animal carriers. Inside the body, they are found through unwashed vegetables, fruits, vegetables and water.
- Pork and bovine tapeworm (tapeworm) - the name speaks of the carriers of these parasites. You can become infected with poorly cooked meat, bacon, and meat products. The length of the bovine tapeworm is 7m, the length of the pork tape is 2m. Life expectancy is 20 years.
- Hookworm: Infection occurs mainly through the skin while walking barefoot.
- Vlasoglav is an intestinal parasite that enters the body through dirty hands, living on the intestinal mucosa and blood.
- Giardia - mainly observed in the child's body, it comes to us through dirty hands, toys, household items. They multiply very quickly.
Parasites in the human intestine lead an active lifestyle. Their existence causes some symptoms.
- Diarrhea: Worms produce substances that cause diarrhea in the intestines.
- Constipation: Worms can block organs due to their size and congestion. Helminth invasion blocks the bile and intestinal ducts.
- Irritation of the intestine, bloating, gas: the products of parasite activity cause inflammation, irritate the intestinal mucosa. The nutrients that come with food are poorly or not absorbed at all. Fat enters the large intestine instead of the small intestine. This causes cramps, excess gas and bloating.
- Allergies are triggered by the release of toxins from helminths. The body begins to intensively produce protective substances against toxins - eosinophils, their excessive production and leads to allergies.
- Skin changes: possible acne rash, hives, sores, eczema, ulcers. Cracks form on the heels and nails become brittle. Dandruff appears on the hair.
- Joint and muscle pain occurs when certain types of worms roam the body in search of organs or tissues suitable for their existence. When they find favorable places and fix them, similar pains appear.
- Losing weight or being overweight: Weight loss occurs due to decreased appetite and indigestion; excess weight appears from a sudden drop in blood sugar levels, which is why the feeling of hunger is constantly haunted.
- Constant fatigue is accompanied by apathy, rapid fatigue, decreased concentration and memory.
- Decreased immunity - the body cannot resist infectious diseases and colds.
- Anemia occurs due to the fact that some types of worms attach themselves to the intestinal mucosa and absorb useful substances from there.
- Nervousness: is caused by toxic wastes from the vital activity of helminths, which irritate the central nervous system. Sleep is disturbed, irritability, depression appear, in a dream a person grinds his teeth.
- Diseases of the respiratory tract: in case of worm penetration into the respiratory organs, the body temperature may rise, a runny nose is worrying; in severe cases pneumonia and asthma develop.
Determining the presence of worms
To determine the presence, type of parasites, the doctor prescribes the delivery of tests in several stages. Stool analysis is collected and sent several times.
In addition, scrapings are taken from the areas of the anus. In some cases, a barium x-ray is prescribed. It is recommended that the tests have been carried out by each member of the family.
Treatment for parasites and worms
In case of confirmation of the presence of parasites in the body, after having discovered the type and type of worms present, the doctor prescribes a course of treatment by various means. This can be a dosage form, in addition to it, alternative medicine - the use of herbs - will serve as a good help.
The worm removal process can be conditionally divided into several stages.
- The first is to prepare the body for elimination. It is necessary to clean the intestines, liver, biliary tract.
- The second stage is the direct elimination of parasites.
- Third: recovery after treatment of the immune system, damaged organs, strengthening of general well-being.
Medicines are prescribed to remove helminths such as roundworms, toxocara, pinworms. Many of them have a wide range of effects, so they can be used against a variety of parasites. You can also carry out additional cleansing procedures with folk remedies using herbs: celandine, tansy, pomegranate peel, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, wormwood, elecampane, garlic, wild rosemary, pumpkin seeds and other herbs. For example, wild rosemary and celandine are drunk from lamblia; elecampane - from parasites that live in the digestive organs, lungs, blood; pomegranate peels - from pinworms and nematodes; pumpkin seeds - from pinworms; cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom are good preventive antihelminth plants. Usually they take decoctions of different herbs, herbal preparations.
Adherence to diet during treatment
It is recommended to keep the body on a diet during treatment. The diet must necessarily contain juices, dairy products, fruits, foods with fiber, carrots, beets, garlic. Make sure you drink more fluids. Along the way, taking medications containing food enzymes will help the gastrointestinal tract function normally; with the content of probiotics (bifidobacteria) - to restore the beneficial microflora in the intestine. It is also recommended to take vitamin C, zinc.
To prevent the risk of contracting helminths, it is necessary to follow simple rules of hygiene. From the causes of the infection, it is clear that many types of parasites enter the body through unwashed hands.
Therefore, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, especially after walking, being outside, after using the toilet, before eating, etc.
Also, you need to clean your living quarters regularly, if you have pets, you should regularly give them anti-mucus preparations and do additional disinfection. Proper nutrition, drinking boiled water also plays an important role. Don't buy products of questionable quality.
For preventive purposes, you can take anthelmintic drugs if there are pets in the house, if the place of residence is a village, village. Taking drugs is also recommended in case of constant contact of children with each other (kindergarten, school); if you often have to travel abroad or go out into nature to relax, fish, hunt, etc.
For constant monitoring of the state of a healthy body, it is advisable to do tests to check for the presence of parasites at a given time. The most important condition for protecting the body from the introduction of intestinal parasites is the observance of cleanliness, hygiene, order.